Information We Collect
We collect information for the primary reason of improving your customer experience and enabling Services both online and offline. We strive to only collect Personal Information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing.
Information you provide directly to us
- We collect this information when you sign up for an account or place an order on our site. This includes information such as name, email, address.
Information we collect from other sources
- When you access the Services through a social network, we may collect information you have provided to that social network. This may include your name, picture, and email address.
- We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Information collected passively
- We collect personally identifying information that you provide us during the registration process, such as your name, email address, gender, zip code, and date of birth.
- You may choose to register securely through our site login or through our third-party providers, such as Facebook or Google.
- We also collect personal identifying information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, such as when you order a product or service from us or our partners, and when you otherwise volunteer personal information about yourself, for example, through surveys, contests or promotions, and submitting and/or posting content in discussion forums.
- When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide additional personal information such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses, and credit card information.
- This gives us valuable information about your customer shopping experience and is used only to improve your experience with our website.
- Most browsers can be set to prevent cookies or to notify you when one is being placed.
- It is not necessary to have cookies turned on to visit our Site, but without them, your access to some areas may be limited and certain features, including shopping and purchasing features, may not be available to you.
- Customs grant Kaviso a non-exclusive right to use any images uploaded via discussion and product reviews to Kaviso for use in product marketing and social media.
Third-Party Payment Processing
- When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application.
- The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Kaviso, including your name, email address, address, and other billing information.
- Kaviso does not store customers payment information. All payment data is submitted directly to Shopify Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Paypal, or other third party payment processors. Kaviso does not retain or store or ever have access to customers credit card information.
How We Use Your Information
Kaviso values your privacy and is committed to using your personally identifiable information (PII) to enhance your experience on the Site. Here's how we use your information:
- Fulfilling orders: We use your PII to process and fulfill orders you make on the Site.
- Customer service: We use your PII to provide customer service and address any inquiries or concerns you may have.
- Tracking email invitations: We track the email invitations you send to others through the Site.
- Personalized profile: We track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your purchase history.
- Future communications: We add your PII to our databases and may use it to communicate with you about new product offerings or special promotions.
Here are some additional details about how we may use your information
- Providing products or services: We may use your information to provide you with products or services, including processing orders or any other services we may offer.
- Logistics providers: Our logistics providers not limited to DHL, FedEx, UPS, or USPS may be provided customers name, address, email, and phone number in order to complete delivery, customs payments, and international package clearance.
- Contacting you: In addition to email, we may use your PII, such as your name, postal address, and shopping history, to contact you with marketing and promotional materials or other information we feel may be of interest to you.
- Third-party service providers: We may share your information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and payment services, customer service, and marketing support. We do not receive payment for any information shared with these vendors.
- Co-sponsored promotions: We may share your information with select partners as part of co-sponsored promotions or programs.
- Marketing: We may use your PII to market our products and services to you through email, postal mail, or as permitted by applicable law. We may also share your PII with other organizations that send you materials by postal mail.
- Legal or regulatory obligations: We may share your information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Kaviso’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability.
- Upon your request: We may share your information upon your request.
At Kaviso, we value your trust and are committed to protecting your PII.
If you live in California or The EU, we have updated our site in compliance of the CCPA and GDPR regulations. Any questions or data requests, or requests to have your data deleted can be sent to email@example.com. Please use the subject line "Privacy" and we will be more than happy to fulfill your needs.
Site visitors from countries outside of the United States, including the European Union, should understand that any data provided to Kaviso may be transferred to the United States. By choosing to visit our Site, engage in our Services or otherwise provide information to us, you agree that any dispute arising in connection with Kaviso will be in accordance with the Terms.
Children's Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
After you opt-in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our Web store or by participating in transactions online of products or services offered by Kaviso.com, or it’s affiliates, you acknowledge you are of the official age of consent to conduct such transactions based on local regulations; or that you have granted permission to a dependent minor while assuming full responsibility of their actions while on the website.
Kaviso values your privacy and the security of your personal information. Here are some important points to know:
- We may work with trusted third-party service providers who help us maintain and operate the Site and its features. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site, send emails, analyze data, and assist in fulfilling or delivering your orders.
- To provide the services you request, we may need to share your personal information with Kaviso merchants and service providers. However, this information will only be used to complete your delivery and provide the requested services.
- In the event of a merger, sale, or other change in control of Kaviso, we may transfer your personally identifiable information as an asset to the new owner.
- If you post any personally identifiable information on a public area of the Site, such as a bulletin board or chat room, it may be collected and used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit in these forums.
SECTION 3 – SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify and Google. These companies provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application. The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Kaviso, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
Payments processed using Shopify, and any and all information stored or used by Shopify will be for the purpose of processing aforementioned payments, and verifying identity and ownership during the online shopping experience. Shopify may, at it’s sole discretion, decline payments or funds from any source if they are deemed to be unfit for use on our Ecommerce platform. Kaviso and it’s affiliates can not and will not attempt to represent customers against Shopify for declined payments, and we will defer all payment disputes to Shopify directly.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com